This is not your ordinary application,
Expect more ...
This is the HomePage for 'Q' DVD-Author, the GUI frontend for dvdauthor and other related tools.
- - - >>> Please remember to visit some of the sponsored links <<< - - -
FLOSS Manuals for QDVDAuthor ( in progress )
Translation table. You can help following these instructiosn.|
I started this project back in December 2003, when I tried to generate a simple DVD menu and found that there was no easy-to-use GUI for Linux.
I also found that all the tools already existed and all one had to do is to study the man pages of about 12 different command line tools, write some xml files, generate the images/buttons and off you go.
Needless to say that this is not what people want to do when they plan to generate only a Video DVD menu.
What is possible so far with qdvdauthor ?
- You can use the FewClickWizard to generate a whole DVD with a few mouse clicks.
- You can use a simple Template dialog to create your menus.
- You can convert the whole project from PAL to NTSC and of course from NTSC to PAL.
- You can generate the main menu.
- You can generate Sub Menus.
- You can create multiple subtitles for your videos.
- You can transcode your input videos.
- You can apply multiple audio streams to the input videos.
- You can generate buttons.
- You can scale, color, stretch, twist and shout each object.
- You can give each menu multiple sound tracks.
- You can generate a DVD slideshow.
- You can create a full blown DVD without knowing the command line tools.
- You can modify every generated command before executing and generating the DVD.
- You can create animated menus (moving stuff around).
- You can generate MovieMenus.
- You can generate MovieButtons.
Note: Animated menus, MovieMenus and MovieButtons REQUIRE mplayer/mencoder !
- You can contribute to qdvdauthor.
- And much much more ...
The goal of 'Q' DVD-Author is to provide a complete DVDAuthoring solution for Linux with the emphasis of ease of use and a complete set of functionality.
All you need to compile 'Q' DVD-Author is the Qt library (>3.1)
But in order to use it you should have installed some other tools as well.
Stay tuned ...
Hosted by :
Last updated Jan 10'th 2010